Downsizing to a Flat in Bath Using Our Unique Drive-Up Self Storage
If you’re considering moving to a smaller property, it may present you with a tricky dilemma when finding space for your furniture and appliances. Most people accumulate more possessions throughout the years, and it’s rare to find someone who regularly declutters. This might cause you more than a headache or two if this applies to your current situation, which can become stressful.
What options exist for people who are downsizing but want to keep their belongings?
- What Can You Store in Self Storage when Downsizing?
- Aussie’s Unique Drive-Up Self Storage Units
- Downsizing in Bath Made Simple
- How to Prepare Items for Storage
- Top Tips for Downsizing Effectively
- Government-Backed Housing Schemes
- Finding Affordable Properties in Somerset
What Can You Store in Self Storage when Downsizing?
Aussie has excellent storage facilities in Bath, and we regularly work with people who are relocating. Here is some essential information for anyone who’s downsizing or moving to a new home:
- Storage is a great way to create more space at home or work.
- It’s possible to move from a four-bed house to a two-bed apartment.
- You can store anything, from clothing to furniture, in a storage unit.
Self storage is the best way to create more space at home because you’re going to put many things you don’t use all the time in a unit. Storage also works well for businesses in Bath that need more room in the office or workspace. There are no limitations on how often you can access your storage unit during our opening hours. While container storage is more suitable for long-term usage for people or companies who don’t need regular access.
Aussie Man & Van regularly works with people who need to downsize to a smaller property, often from larger houses. In life, our circumstances might change, and we have different accommodation requirements. By using our storage units, there’s no need to worry about getting rid of things on-mass. We have storage options that cater to everyone’s situation.
We often have been asked what types of things people keep in their storage units. A few examples are clothing, appliances, and furniture, but this is a complete list. You can store most things; however, there are restrictions on perishable items and hazardous substances. If you need clarification on a particular object, contact us, and we’ll explain our terms and conditions.
Aussie’s Unique Drive-Up Self Storage Units
Aussie Man & Van now has drive-up self storage units available at our Bath depot. This is good news for anyone who wants to offload from their car or van directly into a storage unit. Furthermore, drive-up storage units are the ideal solution for anyone who needs regular access to their possessions. Loading and unpacking your vehicle is straightforward and quick; you’ll be in and out in a flash.
The Aussie team are always available if you require assistance with things like awkward, heavy items. Every drive-up storage unit is built to withstand all weather conditions, and we have state-of-the-art security measures at our branch. There are 250 & 500 cubic feet of storage units available, each with environmental control as standard to safeguard your items.
Aussie’s self storage is perfect for households and business customers with busy schedules. Customers from Bath and Somerset use our facilities due to customer service. Our motto – we’re the ‘can-do’ company that does everything you need under one roof.
Downsizing in Bath Made Simple
Moving to a smaller place in Bath? It can feel overwhelming when you start figuring out where everything will go. You’ve got all this stuff, and letting go can be tricky. Emotional attachment is a real thing – saying goodbye to your old couch or family heirlooms stirs up feelings. And there’s the anxiety of getting it all done. But hey, we get it.
And then, there are the logistics – the nitty-gritty of packing and moving. That’s no picnic, either. But here’s the deal – downsizing has its perks. Your new spot might be cosier, but it has a silver lining. Think about it: fewer rooms to clean and lower utility bills. With a smaller mortgage and less tax, you’ve got extra cash for other things you love. Plus, downsizing means a simpler life. Fewer things to worry about – more time for you.
So, if you’re eyeing that smaller place in Bath, remember downsizing, though tricky, can free you up, both emotionally and financially. It’s like saying goodbye to an old friend, but hey, sometimes, change is good.
How to Prepare Items for Storage
Getting your stuff ready for storage? You’re making a smart choice because it’s the ultimate way to prepare for a more modest home. To ensure everything remains in perfect condition, we have some straightforward points for organising your items before storing them:
Clean and Dust
- First, give your items a good clean or dusting.
- No one wants to unpack grime and dust later.
Use the Right Packing Materials
- Get some bubble wrap, packing paper, and sturdy boxes.
- Protect your treasures from bumps and bruises.
Disassemble Big Furniture
- Big furniture? Take it apart.
- It saves space and keeps them safe.
Label and Protect
- Label those boxes like your life depends on it.
- Easy retrieval is a game-changer.
- For delicate items, think about climate-controlled storage – it’s like a cosy haven for your stuff.
Get your items prepped for storage, and they’ll come out in tip-top shape when needed.
Top Tips for Downsizing Effectively
Reducing the size of your house doesn’t need to be a daunting or strenuous exercise – we’re going to give you a decent overview of how to approach this task:
- Creating a downsizing plan: start with a plan, like a roadmap for your downsizing journey. Set clear goals: what you want to keep, what to donate, sell, or toss. Having a plan helps you stay on track.
- Timing matters: don’t wait until the last minute to downsize. Starting early takes the pressure off. It’s like a marathon, not a sprint.
- Declutter with a strategy: when you’re knee-deep in stuff, begin with the less sentimental items. It builds momentum. If you need backup, don’t hesitate to ask friends or professionals for help. Teamwork makes the dream work.
- Digitalise your memories: remember, photos and documents can gobble up space. Go digital – it’s like having an entire album in your pocket. Moving to a smaller property doesn’t have to be a hassle; these tips will make it smoother than you think.
Government-Backed Housing Schemes
Here’s another option to explore housing schemes. With the rising challenges of owning a home and the endless cycle of renting, the government has introduced measures to make it more accessible. Check out the options to see if any fit your bill.
Now, some schemes, like the Start Home scheme, have hit pause. Others, like the Help to Buy Equity Loan or Help to Buy ISA, are no longer in the game. But fear not! Shared Ownership, Help to Build, Lifetime ISA, Right to Buy, and Right to Acquire are still on the scene.
Our advice is to dive into the research. These schemes often change, so keep an eye out for updates. Reach out to folks connected to these schemes to check your eligibility before you start hunting for a new place. And when you’re on the hunt, look for properties that are in sync with these schemes; they often have the inside track.
Finding Affordable Properties in Somerset
Looking for affordable properties in Somerset? Let’s dig into it:
- Fixer-Uppers for Savings: Have you ever heard of fixer-upper properties? They’re like hidden treasures. Sure, they need some love, but they come with significant cost savings. You might uncover a gem if you keep an open mind.
- Local Expertise Matters: Working with a real estate agent who knows the local scene is a game-changer. They have the inside scoop on affordable options you might miss.
- Auctions and Budget-Friendly Options: Local property auctions – they’re a bit like a bidding war, but they often offer deals. Online resources, community listings, and real estate websites are goldmines for budget-friendly listings. And don’t forget to explore different neighbourhoods; you might stumble upon affordable housing gems in unexpected places.
With these tips, you’ll be on your way to discovering your perfect, budget-friendly home.
Aussie Man & Van – Bath’s Only Drive-Up Self Storage Units
At Aussie Man & Van, customer service is our top priority. Everything works better when we see things from our customers’ perspective. Many companies create one-size-fits-all services, but that’s not good enough for us. The Aussie team takes time to listen to feedback from our customers, and that’s where the need for drive-up storage units became obvious.
Aussie’s customers come from all walks of life and have individual needs. However, one common thing is improving access to our storage units. By making it possible to drive your vehicle up to your storage unit, you can drop off and collect your possessions, goods, or work equipment in approximately half the time in comparison to a traditional setup.
If you would like to discuss our drive-up storage packages, contact us today. We’re confident that we can offer you affordable self storage. At the same time, you concentrate on finding a suitable house or apartment in Bath.