When you are moving home, hiring a removal film that is a member of The British Association of Removers (BAR) will give you the extra confidence and peace of mind you need during one of life’s more stressful experiences.
As a member of BAR, we subscribe to the BAR Code of Practice designed to help members maintain the highest standards of service and to protect customers’ interests.
You can check that any removal company you are thinking of using is a BAR member by visiting the BAR website at www.bar.co.uk or contacting the BAR Head Office on 01923 699480.
What is the Code of Practice?
The Code sets out the standards that furniture removal companies should comply with regarding service, fair trading, advertising and handling of complaints.
The Code has been drawn up by the British Association of Removers and has succesfully completed stage One of a two-stage process for Trading Standards Institute approval under its Consumer Codes Approval Scheme.
Compliance with the Code is mandatory for all member of BAR.
BAR key commitments to you
We promise that we will act fairly and reasonably in all our dealings with you and uphold all the standards contained in the Code. Our key commitments are as follows:
– We will make sure that our advertising and promotional literature is clear and not misleading.
– We will give you a clear description, price and timetable for the work to be carried out.
– We will offer insurance or other protection options.
– We will explain clearly our liability for loss or damage, the time limit for making claims, and cancellation / postponement rights and charges.
– We will provide staff who are courteous, competent and committed to giving you a high standard of service.
– We will deal quickly and sympathetically with things that go wrong.
– We will publicise this Code, have copies freely available and make sure our staff are trained to put it into practice.
How to make a complaint
In the event of a problem arising, or if you have a complaint about the removal service, we will explain how to submit your complaint and we will endeavour to deal with this fairly, speedily and efficiently.
If we cannot settle the complaint to your satisfaction, you may refer it to BAR’s free Conciliation Service. If you are still not satisfied, a low-cost, independent arbitration scheme operated by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators is available.
Copies of the Code of Practice
– Download the full Code of Practice PDF document from BAR site – Click here.